Whether you manufacture your CBD products in-house or outsource manufacturing with a CBD wholesaler, it is important to consider the qualifications and licensing for your company for your CBD Business. Holding your business to a higher standard by taking the time to invest in the right certifications can differentiate your company while building better trust between you and your customers. Customer responsibility for purchasing CBD products is at an all-time high. Customers have to take the time to research where their CBD is coming from, often leading them to check what manufacturing standards your company is following. If you don’t manufacture your products in-house, we recommend finding the right CBD wholesaler or CBD manufacturer that has the following certifications:
Important Manufacturing and Product Certifications for Your CBD Company
- cGMP: cGMP stands for Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulations which are enforced by the FDA. These regulations help ensure proper design, control, and monitoring for the manufacturing process. When it comes to CBD production, cGMP ensures that these products meet their quality standards. cGMP regulations are designed for consistent quality standards which is important for any consumer. The FDA inspects facilities in order to determine if a company is complying with cGMP regulations.
- Kosher Certification: 3 out of 5 shoppers purchase Kosher-certified products due to higher quality standards, allergies, health restrictions, and religious reasons. Applying for Kosher certification is free and can help break you into a larger market for more demographics.
- Vegan Certification: This logo certification helps consumers that are interested in vegan products that haven’t been tested on animals. Vegan certification costs $100 and the application can be completed online. If you know your CBD company’s target demographic, vegan certification may be ideal for you.
- Cruelty-Free Certification: The Leaping Bunny is an international cruelty-free certification that requires a supplier manufacturing monitoring system that’s checked for animal testing down to each ingredient in your products. The application process is completed online and costs about $85.
- Gluten-Free Certification: Celiac disease and gluten sensitives are an emerging concern in the United States. Consumers looking for gluten-free products have to be aware of cosmetics, skincare, haircare, and other products outside of food. While CBD is naturally gluten-free, some companies may formulate their products with gluten. Gluten found in cosmetic products is usually labeled as hydrolyzed wheat protein. Some companies process this ingredient to be gluten-free but it is important to check your manufacturing standards. Your company can get certified online with a $100 annual fee to maintain this certification.
- Organic Certification: There are very few CBD companies that have been organically certified. This can be a lengthy process that requires organic certification for everything down to your hemp plants and farming practices. If this is an important certification that you believe would be beneficial for your company and your customers, click here to learn more.
- Non-GMO Project: The Non-GMO Project is a non-profit company that certifies products that are non-GMO. They are currently not certifying any CBD products at this time. We will keep you updated when this changes.
Check out our blog: CBD Iowa
Learn More About CBD Manufacturing Certifications
Hemp Depot is proud to share all the leading tips on how to start a CBD company. While it may not be beneficial for your company to get all the certifications possible, it is important to take the time to consider what demographic you’d like to target. Qualifications and Licensing for your CBD Business, Some certifications can boost your company’s visibility in certain markets. If you’re currently outsourcing your manufacturing process, we recommend asking that company what certifications they have. With so many CBD manufacturers out there, it’s wise to choose the company that meets your needs and your customer’s needs. For more information regarding CBD manufacturing and product certifications, Here is some useful CBD products from Hemp Depot CBN For Sale, 1 gram pre roll, Dab Sauce. please contact us!